Monday, December 17, 2012

Gifted Children in Mensa

I'm looking to connect with other gifted children and parents.   A lot harder to do than I thought.  At first I thought, there has to be a lot out there, but as I searched, it's actually a very small percentage of the population.  As I looked harder, I realized why being tagged as "gifted" is not a pretty thing.  For one, I met some gifted kids who clicked well with my kids and they were awesome.  Then I met their parents and they were snobs.  That's where it ended. 

Then I held a gifted playdate through meetup and they were really cool.  It's hard though when everyone is from different parts of San Diego.  I personally don't like to drive down south, which makes me the snob. 

Then I tried to find the gifted kids just at my kid's school....only two people responded, and they're boys.  My husband won't approve of that for too long. 

So, now I'm thinking about joining Mensa.  I'll call the gifted children coordinator Victoria Fogg at San Diego Mensa (858-602-2494) and see what's up.